“some tortures are mental And Some are physical. But the one that is both Is dental”
Lets take a step ahead and help our teeth stay healthy and so we are healthy.
Here are some foods that keep our teeth healthy:
- Calcium rich foods such as milk, cheese, yogurt etc.They are low carbohydrate and have high calcium and phosphate content that provide important benefits for your healthy teeth like balancing your mouth's pH, rebuilding tooth's enamel and producing saliva that kills the bacteria that cause cavities and gum disease. Cheese contains calcium too.
- Fruits like apples, strawberries and citrus fruits especially kiwis contain vitamin C.It is considered the ‘cement’ that holds all cells together,so as its vital for your skin, it’s very essential for the health of the gum tissue. Researches show that the collagen network in your gums can break down, making your gums tender and more susceptible to the bacteria that cause periodontal disease. Vitamin A rich foods like pumpkin, carrot and sweet potatoes.
This vitamin is absolutely necessary for the formation of tooth enamel. Apart from that, crunchy vegetables cleanse and stimulate your gums, making them healthy. Onoins contain powerful antibacterial sulfur compounds. onions kill various types of bacteria. Researches indicate that they are most powerful when eaten freshly peeled and raw. It may be not so tasty but good teeth are guaranteed.
- Eat fiber-rich raw foods, which massage the gums and cleans the teeth. Raw foods also increase salivation, which neutralizes acids and alkalis within the mouth.
- Nuts are rich in calcium, magnesium and phosphate, which are important nutrients for dental health. Nuts good for teeth are cashews, peanuts, almonds and walnuts.
- Good teeth can be a result of combining white bread, especially for small kids, and sesame seeds. It removes the plaque and helps build the tooth enamel.Sesame seeds are rich in calcium,helps preserve the bone around the gums and teeth. But firstly, it is very delicious.chicken, turkey, eggs – all of them contain phosphorous.
- Drink plenty of water daily so that it helps in keeping your gums hydrated and also washes away the trapped food that decompose and cause bad breath. .Healthy water is not only purer, but it also cleans the mouth, allowing the saliva to work wonders depositing essential minerals back into the weakened teeth.
Now that we have know how to keep our teeth healthy, here are some more tips to protect our teeth from damage:
*Don't eat all the times. Leave at least 2-3 hours between meals or snacks. This allows the acid level in the mouth to fall and also gives saliva a chance to counteract the effect of acid and repair tooth enamel. Brush your teeth after you eat foods that are not good for teeth. Or eat such foods at times when you can brush your teeth soon afterwards especially sweets and other sticky carbohydrates.
Foods that need to be chewed are important for healthy teeth and gums.
*Drinking frequent cups of tea or coffee with sugar added will increase the risk of teeth decay. But tea and coffee lovers need not panic, you definitely have an alternative, Green tea that contains polyphenols, antioxidant plant compounds that prevent plaque from adhering to your teeth and help reduce your chances of developing cavities and gum disease.
It has potential for reducing bad breath because it inhibits the growth of the bacteria that cause the odor. Certain green teas also contain fluoride which helps in protecting the tooth enamel from decay and promotes healthy teeth.
*Meat eaters require to take better care of their teeth. If the stuck meat fibres are left overnight without cleaning, the fibres may petrify and release an acid which acts on the tooth causing it to decay.
*Sipping a soft drink or a sports drink every few minutes is hazardous, it is best to finish the whole drink in one go, then rinse your mouth thoroughly with plain water to remove the acid. Don't brush your teeth after a soft drink, as it can damage the tooth enamel due to etching.
EAT HEALTHY AND SMILE HEALTHY!!!!!!